After a hot day, a cool dinner will hit the spot. Perfect for a lunch or a side dish as well and goes great with our gluten-free wrap recipe.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten free tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3cm piece ginger peeled
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powdered
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- large handful of coriander
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage shredded or grated
- 2 cups green cabbage shredded or grated
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1-2 carrots grated
- 1/2 cup green spring onion chopped
- 1 pomelo skin and pith removed
- 3-4 bunches of coriander chopped or ripped
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 3/4 raw cashew nuts soaking optional
- 3 tablespoons black or white sesame seeds
- 1/2 Red pepper finely diced
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds washed and toasted
Place all ingredients in food processor or bowl and use a powerful hand held blender. Pulse or blend until smooth. Use immediately or store in well clean jar in the refrigerator.
Prepare all ingredients.
Combine cabbages, zucchini, carrots, onion, coriander & parsley ingredients.
Pour about ½ of the Spicy Dressing over salad, mix well, taste, add more or all of the dressing if you want a more creamy salad.
Stir in pomelo segments.
Sprinkle with nuts and sesame seeds.
about the author
This fabulous recipe was developed, tested and photographed by Tabitha Millington. Tabitha has lived in Singapore for almost five years in gluten free house with a celiac daughter and a dairy free daughter. She is an avid baker and always game for improving a recipe and adapting it for life in Singapore.